* Main processor: Motorola 68000, often produced by another manufacturer, running at 12 MHz
* Co-processor: Zilog Z80 running at 4 MHz. This is also used as an audio controller.
* Main memory (used directly by 68000): 64 KB
* Main video memory : 74 KB
o Video memory: 64 KB
o Palette memory : 8 KB
o Fast video RAM : 2 KB
* Sound memory (used directly by Z80): 2 KB
* Display resolution: 320x224 (many games only used the centermost 304 pixels)
* Color palette: 65,536 (16-bit)
* Maximum colors on screen: 4,096 (12-bit)
* Maximum sprites on screen: 384
* Minimum sprite size: 1x2
* Maximum sprite size: 16x512
* Maximum sprites per scanline: 96
* Background layers: 0
* Aspect ratio: 4:3
* A/V output: RF, composite video, RGB (with separate 21 pin SCART cable FCG-9).
* Sound chip: Yamaha YM2610
* 4 FM channels, 4 operators per channel
* 3 SSG channels
* 1 Noise channel
* 7 ADPCM channels
* Work RAM (sound): 2KB
* Sound ROM 128KB on-board (only less than 32KB used)
* up to 512KB sound ROM on cartridges
* Source: separate DC 5 V (older systems) and DC 9 V adapter (newer systems).
* Consumption: 8 W older Systems, 5 W newer Systems
* Console: 325 mm (width) x 237 mm (depth) x 60 mm (height).
* Controller: 280 mm (width) x 190 mm (depth) x 95 mm (height).
* Removable memory card: 2KB or 68-pin JEIDA ver. 3 spec memory
o Any 68-pin memory that fits the JEIDA ver. 3 spec will work